Occupational physicians have expertise in work related illness and musculoskeletal injury and can provide expert consultancy and comment on:
- Injury causation
- Work capacity
- Return to work planning including identifying barriers to recovery
- Early intervention reviews (injury management consulting)
- Fitness for Work Evaluations
- Independent medical examinations
- Permanent impairment and disability assessments
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) oversight and interpretation of drug and alcohol tests such as for CASA compliance
- General occupational health consulting including:
- health risk incident,
- whooping cough outbreak,
- dermatitis outbreak and
- complex employment issues
We don’t offer a cookie cutter approach, the appointments are not rushed, and your staff will feel valued.
Dr Karina Powers is an Occupational Physician and Medical Review Officer. Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine- Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
Dr Powers holds a Masters of Public Health and a Post Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. She is recognized as an Approved Medical Specialist with WorkCoverWA as well as Permanent Impairment Assessor for Comcare. Her extensive experience includes private occupational health practise, serving both private companies and government agencies / departments, along with work in public health, communicable disease and research in the Department of Health Western Australia.
Additionally, Dr Powers is a Certified Independent Medical Examiner with the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
Her major professional interests encompass prevention of injury and disease (including pandemic planning), early intervention, fitness for work, rehabilitation, impairment/ disability assessment and medico-legal assessment.